What is Focus and Why We Lose Motivation
Focus and motivation are two essential elements of success. Without focus, our minds wander and we lose sight of what we want to accomplish. Without motivation, we lack the drive to keep going even when things get tough. The key to achieving our goals is understanding how focus and motivation work together.
Focus helps us stay on track and keep our attention on the task at hand while motivation helps us push through any difficulty or challenge that arises. When we understand how these two forces interact, we can use them to help us reach our goals and stay motivated even when times are tough.
5 Practical Ways To Overcome Distractions And Achieve Your Goals
Distractions can be a major obstacle to achieving our goals. They can prevent us from focusing on the task at hand, leading to procrastination and ultimately, failure. But don’t worry, there are ways to overcome these distractions and achieve your goals. Reaching your goals isn't always easy, but it can be done. With the right mindset and a few practical steps, you can take control of your life and make progress towards your goals. Here are five tips to help you get back on track and reach your goals.
1. Prioritize your goals. Instead of trying to achieve everything you want to do, prioritize the most important goals for which you have time, patience and willpower. Focus on what’s really most important for you to achieve in the near future and set small, realistic milestones along the way- some simple things that will move forward towards achieving your goal. For example: If your goal is to lose weight, focus on getting more physical activity each day until you consistently feel better about yourself and then work towards eating healthier foods and staying away from junk food. Don’t try to do everything at once, you will not achieve anything.
2. Create a plan for reaching your goal. If you don’t know where to start, break down the steps it will take in order to reach your goal so that you can create a timeline and map out how long it will take you before achieving success. This may be difficult when the process is new and unfamiliar, but it gives you tangible goals that are easy to measure as they become more attainable with time. For example: If your goal is weight loss, break down what steps need to occur in order for you to obtain the results you're desiring. Most often, our fading motivation is due to not paying enough attention to the detail of the goal.
3. Figure out where you are now and what steps you need to take in order to change that. Take into account your situation, the obstacles in your way, and any external factors that may be contributing to your current state. For example: If you want to become a financial guru, assess what skills or experience currently have you ahead of the curve. Then identify the steps it will take for you to acquire these skills or experience so that they can propel you towards success and self-improvement
4. Create short-term goals and a timeline for reaching them by breaking down how many weeks it will take before achieving each goal. For example: three months to get a new job, two weeks to find the perfect apartment, one day to prepare for your first interview.
5. What is your incentive for completing these goals? If you are trying to lose weight, ask yourself what will happen if you don't meet your goal or what would give you the feeling of accomplishment if you did? The answers might be fun activities that motivate you and make it exciting when meeting milestones like eating out with friends or going on a shopping spree. Incentive can also be external factors like winning money after losing ten pounds and receiving celebratory gift cards from your favorite clothing store.
Are you ready to take your goal setting to the next level? If you enjoyed this blog, you'll want to check out my STEPS to Success program. In this workbook you'll be introduced to the STEPS to Success program. For those who love journaling, I recommend the print version. For those who are more thought driven, the e-book will work well for you.